Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Want to try some new music?

Thanks to my win of a Rebecca St. James CD a few weeks ago, I got an e-mail introducing me to a new recording artist: 18-year-old Robert Pierre from Orlando, Florida.


    “Robert Pierre is an 18-year-old with a big voice and an even bigger heart; a talented 
    musician and a singer-songwriter who has managed to juggle a music career with his 
    high school honors course work. Robert grew up in a Christian home and knew about 
    Christ all his life, but it wasn't until he was confronted by a teacher in seventh grade 
    that he gave his life to Christ.    "He looked at me and asked me one simple question," 
    Robert explained, "He asked,''If you were to die right now, and were standing at the
    gates
 of heaven, and God asked you why He should let you in... what would you say?' 
    And all I could think to answer honestly was that He shouldn't..."  The Spirit used that 
    moment to bring Robert to a point of repentance and salvation that changed his life forever. 

    It was at that time that Robert committed his talents to the glory of God alone.  Soon, 
    the Lord began to open doors of opportunity for Robert to minister to people through music.  
    Robert has already released two nationally distributed records, with three singles hitting 
    the Billboard Christian AC Top 50 hit list.  In addition to performing at summer festivals, 
    Christian fund raisers, teen camps, youth groups and schools, Robert has toured nationally 
    with the junior high "Believe" Tour, the inaugural "iShine" Tour and the nation’s largest 
    Christian tour "Winter Jam 2010." This last year, he has spent his time writing and recording 
    his third record, titled “I’m All In,” which is representative of Robert’s passion for not only 
    talking about his Christian faith, but living sold out for Christ.  The project has been co-written     
    and produced by award winning songwriters and producers Matt Bronleewe and Jason Ingram. 
    Robert not only sings on this aIbum, but wrote on 10 out of 11 songs, played guitar for the 
    recording, and sang back up vocals.  




I had a chance to look up the lyrics of some of the songs on his album, including the song "Identity" that he wrote with Matt Bronleewe and Brian Hitt.  I thought the song had a great message for young people who are under so much peer pressure nowadays. I became a fan on his Facebook page. (He put up a thoughtful  "Happy Mother's Day" status on Sunday. That got an "aaawww" out of me.)


I also got a link to download four of Robert's songs for free. I have been listening to them on my computer all week, and thoroughly enjoying them. Over the weekend, my daughter Bethany (13 years old) put them on her MP3 player. She said, "I'm really looking forward to the bus ride on Monday, because I have all this new music to listen to!" When she got home, I asked her which of the four songs was her favorite. Her response? "I don't have a favorite. They're all great!" I agree! The download page says that his music is for fans of The Afters, Bruno Mars, Tenth Avenue North, Chris Sligh, and Hawk Nelson. I'm not very familiar with any of them except Tenth Avenue North, but I definitely liked Robert's musical style! 


You can also download four of Robert Pierre's songs for free, at this link: Robert Pierre MP3s




Oh, and one more thing. This was fun... it's a video that Robert uploaded to YouTube, showing off the unique water basketball skills of Robert and his friends. I have to admit... I would love to have a pool like theirs in my backyard! Pool Basketball Video

No comments:

Post a Comment