It happens all the time... somebody posts a picture on my Facebook page, another crafter shows off their latest work, a designer announces a new pattern...and I print off yet another pattern that I want to make, and add it to my pile.
There are just so many cute items I want to make! Trouble is, I already have several projects in the works. One of them is an afghan... 20 large squares. I get bored with big projects. I want to make little things that pop off the needles (or hook) quickly, so I usually have a number of projects going. On Sunday, I realized I had 5 projects in the works... a bit too much, in my opinion, so I finished up a cowl I had been working on, off and on, for a few weeks. Then, after a trip to the craft store for more Fiberfill, I finished up Mike the Monster.
So, I will be updating this post as I finish projects. Of the 28 items on the list (yes, added another one), I have completed three, and have two more in the works. One of my Facebook friends said that she would like to see pictures of all 29 (oh, yes, added one more due to a Facebook post yesterday) finished products. So, as I finish up projects, I will add pictures by the numbers.
1. Gift - done... So... here's the story: A few weeks ago, my friend Joanna put up a Facebook post about a squirrel getting into their house. Her response was to run outside and climb up onto a chair on their porch. The comments on her post were pretty funny, but a few days later, the squirrel saga continued, as someone (still unidentified) "squirrel-bombed" their house by making about a dozen pictures of squirrels. Some were put on paint stirrers and "planted" around their lawn. Others were taped onto the porch railing. When I saw the pictures on Facebook, I laughed so hard, I had tears rolling down my cheeks. My response was to look for a squirrel pattern. When I finished him up, I snuck him over to Joanna's house and handed him off to her husband to put somewhere in the house where Joanna would find him.
2. Tiger Hat - started 8/12, Finished 8/14
3. Unicorn - started 7/28, finished 8/10
4. I've seen all sorts of hats for little girls inspired by the movie Frozen. I decided to make one for an American Girl Doll. The crown fits over the hat, so they can be worn separately.
5. Cowboy Booties.. finished 7/28
6. Fox stuffed animal
7. Chosen by fellow craft show Artisan Gail - Drowsy Owl Hat
Storenvy Shop for $12, and will be on my craft table this fall if it doesn't sell before then.
9. Chosen by my friend, co-worker and fellow craft show artisan Joanna - Loopy Love Slippers
These are Newborn size and will be on my craft table this fall for $10.
11. Minion Slippers
12. Oscar the Grouch Hat - Chosen by The Crochet Lounge - I had fun with this one! I made it in an adult size. I figure it will be something that makes people stop in their tracks at my craft shows... just need to find an adult who loves Oscar enough to wear it out in public!
13. Chosen by my niece Nicole... Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle hat...
14. Started 7/26 - Crocodile Stitch Owl - just finished 7/28
15. Nemo - This one was fun!
17. Cthulu Scarf
18. Kitty - Started 8/16. I gave my husband my list and said "Pick one that isn't highlighted yet."
20. Pig - started 8/17, since I had pink yarn out for Miss Kitty
21. Little Turtle - started and finished 8/11. I think I need to make more of these little guys. It was fun to make, and worked up quickly.
22. Also chosen by Gail - One Skein Filet Shawl - started 7/24
23. Also chosen by Gail - Sock Monkey Baby Booties
25. Woven Scarf - started 8/17. I was working on Miss Kitty, but needed fiberfill to keep going, but my husband was sleeping in his chair between me and the closet where the fiberfill was... thought that stepping over his feet to get to the closet might wake him up.
26. Christmas Sock Monkey
27. Mini Mikie
28. My choice - needed for an upcoming sermon at church - Bronze Serpent
29. CD Coaster - A Facebook friend told me about these. I had to alter a pattern a bit to make it fit on the CD. I'll make up a few more and see if they sell at craft shows this fall.
Want to chime in on a number for my next project? There's a thread on my Facebook page where you can pick a number!