So, I am trying to continue my "yarn diet" into September. I have several bins of yarn in three locations in the house (ten totes in the basement, 4 under one bed, 1 under another bed), and would like to empty out one or two. I came up with this idea...
I sorted my Ravelry yarn stash inventory by lowest yardage, so I ended up with small/partial skeins. Here is a screen shot of the first 28 entries. I would like to use up these 28 balls/skeins of yarn in September.
|Yarn is gathered from a dozen different totes... 2.5 pounds to use up!|
Here are my ideas so far...
|Four long-tail catnip balls, done.|
3. Starabella Yarn - see #2
4. White sport yarn - combined with another strand or two to make a stuffed animal
6. Hot Pink bulky yarn - I may have used this up already. It was marked as being used in a project
7. Pink Ombre - mini baby doll, would make cute PJs
8. Whirlagig - not sure - maybe a Joy doll from the movie Inside Out?
9. Pink Pompadour - mini baby dolls - face/body
10. Jamie Baby - combine with other yarn to make stuffed animal
11. Black Thick & Quick - Hair for a Gonk doll
12. Red Heart Classic - small stuffed animal
13, 14, 15 - Moda Dea fun fur - hedgehogs!
16. Green sport yarn - gecko bookmarks
17 Fun Fur mixed with bulky - Cookie Monster cat hats
18 Red Sport yarn - and 20 white sport yarn - Pokemon Go Balls
19 Deborah Norville blue variegated - Fancy dress-up baby doll
21 & 22 - more fun fur - more hedgehogs?
23 Pink worsted weight - baby slippers
24 & 25 - bulky yarn, blue & black - airplane? knit beanie? gonk hair?
27 - light blue sport yarn - combine with other yarn to make stuffed animal26 Soft gray bulky yarn - Gonk hair
28 - black bulky yarn - gonk hair
I won't necessarily do them in that order... just as the inspiration arises! I will be updating here as I complete projects ! September also marks the beginning of my craft shows (2 in September, 4 in October, 2 in November), so custom orders may compete with challenge projects for my crafting time!