Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Rebecca St. James: I Will Praise You

Today's blog is different from my usual rambling about diet and exercise. I'm going to talk about a nice surprise that showed up in my mailbox a few weeks ago.

I enter sweepstakes online just about every day. There are lots of companies offering prizes through online sweepstakes, so you just visit their page, enter your information and wait and see if you won something. Usually I win something at least once a week: little prizes like a free candy bar, a music download, a $5 gift card. In the middle of April, I got an e-mail saying that I won Rebecca St. James' newest album, "I Will Praise You."

I've heard some of Rebecca St. James' music before, and I've heard of her awesome testimony as a Christian. I looked forward to getting a CD full of her music. The CD arrived a few days later, and it has been playing practically non-stop in my car ever since. One of these days, I need to bring it into the house so I can rip some songs to the computer so I can put them on my MP3 player!

There is a nice selection of musical styles on the CD. Some of them have a nice, peppy beat that will make them good workout music. Others are more relaxed. There's even one with a Celtic feel to it.

I really like the fact that the songs have such great words, and you can understand the words when Rebecca is singing them. In the CD jacket, she has a Bible reference for each song.

You can listen to some of the songs online at Rebecca's Listening Party or visit her website at Rebecca's Website.

Now, if I could just win that all-expense paid trip for five...

No comments:

Post a Comment