Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Gearing up for my September No-Spend Month


Wow, it’s August 30th already. It’s almost time for me to start my “No-Spend” month, so I did some inventory & planning. I went through the freezer to see what sort of meat I had on hand, and made up a list of possible meals. I should be able to go without purchasing any additional meat in September, since there’s enough meat for 30 meals, and plenty of variety. I’ll put my list out here… maybe it will help somebody plan their meals, too!

Chicken Breast:
  • Grilled Chicken salads
  • Chicken Teriyaki subs
  • Chicken & Veggie Stir-Fry
  • Sweet & Sour Chicken
  • Chicken & Kale Soup


Chicken Pieces:
  • Grilled Chicken
  • Baked Chicken
  • Chicken Teriyaki
  • Sticky Crockpot Chicken
  • BBQ Chicken
  • Chicken & Kluski


Pork Chops
  • Herbed Pork Chops
  • Fruity Chili Pork Chops
  • Pork Chops with Sauerkraut


Pork Ribs
  • BBQ Pork Ribs

Sirloin Strips / Boneless Round Steak
  • Fajitas
  • Spiedies
  • Beef Stroganoff
  • Beef & Broccoli
  • BBQ Beef Sandwiches


Lamb Chops
  • Herbed Lamb Chops
  • Grilled Lamb Chops


Italian Sausage
  • Pizza
  • Lasagna
  • Italian Sausage Subs


Lamb Stew Meat
  • Lamb Stew
  • Souvlaki
  • Grilled Lamb


Beef Stew meat
  • Beef Stew
  • Spiedies


Ground Beef
  • Tacos
  • Meatloaf
  • Hamburg Gravy
  • Tomato Pie


Shrimp
  • Shrimp Scampi
  • Peel & Eat Shrimp


Chuck Roast
  • 3-envelope pot roast


Meatballs
  • Spaghetti & meatballs
  • Meatball bombers


Canadian Bacon:
  • Hawaiian Pizza


Meatless:
  • Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup


I think I’m ready to give this a go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment