Tuesday, September 1, 2020

September, here we go...

This month, I'm keeping my goals pretty vague. As the month starts out, I have five open orders, three projects in my project corner (and two stuffed in the craft room closet), three patterns that are just about ready to publish, my yarn stash at the highest it's been in months, my sales inventory at the highest point ever (as a result of more time to make stuff and no craft shows to sell at!). 

So, let's work on all of those: 

1) Keep up with orders (Started the month with five orders, all of them "no hurry") 

    (mid-month update... up to seven orders... I finished one of the original five, but got some new orders. Feeling a bit overwhelmed, but it's good to have orders coming in again!) Here are some of the orders I finished in September: 

Two Halloween Cats


An order of 12 snails

An albino tsuchinoko






2) Finish one WIP - DONE

Yay! I finished the Ocean Friends baby blanket that I've been working on (and stuffing in a basket) since February! 



3) Publish one pattern - Done - published PJ the Sloth! I also submitted a pattern to be published in the October issue of In The Round Amigurumi magazine! 



4) work down yarn stash (no yarn purchases, unless specifically needed for a paid order!) (Oops #1 - Ebay sent me a $25 coupon for being a long-time customer... so I bought a $26 "mixed yarn lot". I only paid $5. It was rather disappointing (half of it was old wool yarn, some so old that it was falling apart. One ball that I wound had a receipt folded up for the center of the ball... the receipt was from a doctor's office...dated 1969!). Oops #2... Caron Cakes is having a contest... make something from Caron Cakes and be in the running to win some yarn. Went to Michaels online and bought some Caron Cakes. Okay, maybe I can behave for the rest of the month! 

These Caron Cakes are HUGE!

5) Sell some stuff! I would like to end the month with my inventory spreadsheet lower than when I started. The problem is, as I work on updating my shop and taking pictures, I'm finding items that were never entered into inventory... I think I've added over $200 worth of missing items to my spreadsheet this month! 

Yeah, #5 is easier said than done. I will be having a labor day sale (0 sales), and participating in an online sale at the end of September (after one week of being live, still 0 sales). Hopefully those two will help to whittle down my collection! I will also be working on creating photo albums on my Facebook Page to show all of what I have available. 

No comments:

Post a Comment