Saturday, September 5, 2020

Just "one simple item" on my Saturday to-do list

 I'm trying to prepare for a virtual craft show later in September. Since customers will be referred to my Facebook page, I'm working on making albums of my ready-to-ship items. I figured I'd start at the beginning of my inventory list: afghans and blankets. 

So, I added to my list: picture of blankets

First step: make a list of all the available blankets. I looked at my inventory list... and realized I was missing a line for one of the princess dresses. Okay, I need to update that. 

Next: pull the blankets from the box in the closet where they're stored. It's a big box, so it's on the bottom. I had to move half a dozen other boxes. I moved the blankets out to the couch and opened the curtains wide in preparation for pictures. 

I looked over my list and realized i was missing four blankets. I pulled more boxes from the closet and found three of them. But I also found some shawls that I made, oh, about eight years ago, when I did some craft shows at a senior center. Make shawls, the director said, they'll sell like crazy. No, they didn't. I decided to undo one shawl for the yarn... that took, oh, about two hours! 
Starting the unraveling process





Lots of yarn for new projects

Looking at one of the mermaid tail blankets, I realized that I never really liked the tail on it, so I went on a search for a blue yarn to make a new tail... I will take off the variegated tail, wind up the yarn for use in another project, and make a new tail in blue... then get some pictures and relist that blanket for sale. 


So, I've been working on "take pictures of blankets" for about four hours now, and haven't really taken any pictures of the blankets for the inventory album! And I still haven't found the polka dot dress blanket! Murphy's Law says somebody will buy it from the Etsy listing, and then I'll have to tear two rooms apart looking for it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment