Wednesday, August 1, 2018

August: Keeping it Simple

The Street Fest craft show that I did 7/28 was my best craft show EVER for sales. I sold out of a few things, and there were a few things that I wish I'd had more of... so, as I prepare for the Ladies' Advance at the end of September (which has now been bumped down to third place in the list of best sales), I'm trying to focus on the stuff that has been selling:
1) Focus on restocking items that sold at July’s street sale:
Go Balls - 2
Tinycorn (mini unicorn) - 1
Water bottle slings - 7
Mini Mermaid - 1
Striped Giraffe - 1
Flying Pig
Finger Puppets -1
Turtle / Dinosaur / Owl in Egg - 3
2) No yarn purchases unless specifically needed for an order! (Oops, found a basket with 10 skeins of yarn for $5.39 at Goodwill. Forgot about my resolution!) 
3) Tidy the area around my chair, getting patterns sorted into notebooks, and using up scrap yarn that has accumulated - DONE! 
4) List finished items on Etsy as they are finished (I've been averaging two Etsy sales per month, but had 3 in July... hoping that trend continues!) 
5) Sort and re-box inventory, which was hastily tossed into boxes at the end of the show, in order to break down quickly!

6) Draw up display plan for next show in September. I will have two 8-foot tables. Thinking of taking my metal racks so I can run a clothesline between them and increase display space. But a 3.5 hour drive with those racks rattling??? Done! No metal racks involved this year! 




I packed supplies for a quick weekend trip to visit family... I spent a lot of time watching my granddaughter, so my craft time was limited to nap time and evenings after she went to bed, but I finished five water bottle slings, a go-ball, and a finger puppet during the weekend!

My collection of water bottle slings that got listed on Etsy
Precious the Mini Giraffe - finished and listed in my shop!

Kept going with the pink & purple yarn!

I broke my "no more CALs" rule!
Doing a Crochet-Along for these cute cow amigurumis!

Made an iguana... he sold from pictures on Facebook

Had someone ask if I could make a gecko...

So I did... but when I sent her pictures, she didn't respond. 😞


Made a cute little pink triceratops
With a cute little egg to hide in!
And then I made a stegosaurus cousin!

8/24 - Got an Etsy order for 4 Geckos!
Happy Dance! 
Played with making a spotted gecko

Working on Christmas light bulbs for garlands

No comments:

Post a Comment