Sunday, July 1, 2018

July Plan: Street Fest Prep!

We still haven't received our official notification that we're in, but a friend and I are planning on an outdoor booth at East Aurora's Street Fest on Saturday, July 28. Last year, they had 5,600 visitors!

I'm trying to focus on having some popular small items ready in vast quantities:
Egg scrubbies
Reusable water balloons
Chicken potholders
Essential oil diffuser balls
Pokemon Go Balls
Hedgehogs
Cotton dishcloths
Finger Puppets
Cotton Sun Hats

Last night, sitting in front of a fan during the first day of a heat wave, I managed to get five items from that list done!

Another goal is to use up a laundry basket of yarn... I was recently given a few boxes/bags of yarn, and rather than photograph it, weigh it, enter it into Ravelry, and sort it into my color bins, I figured I'll just work on using it up this month!

Since there were a couple of shades of green in the mix, I thought of a caterpillar...


And he didn't finish off the green, so I thought of an alien... 

And a 44" round "rag rug" really helped beat down the scrap yarn bag! 

And there was a skein of blue yarn with colorful flecks that seemed like it would make a great owl! 



Sitting at home Thursday night (7/5) and my daughter texted to ask if I wanted to go to Michigan with her for the weekend... Um, YES! 
I quickly packed, including two craft bags. She did all the driving, so with about 15 hours of riding shotgun between Friday and Monday, I got a lot done !
4 cotton sun hats, two potholders, 8 diffuser balls, and 15 egg scrubbies! 

Popsicle Holder & the beginning of a bottle sling

Completed bottle sling! 
Got back to my scrap yarn challenge with an Alien Super Hero!

And made up another bottle sling: 

Mini Dino from my scrap yarn






Two Owls using up yarn from my scrap yarn challenge! 

I tidied up my scrap yarn for the challenge by winding it into cakes. 
I made a basket to use up some more scraps
I got ambitious and photographed, inventoried and stashed my recent yarn acquisitions!
Pinkie the Elephant used up the pink yarn, so I only had those 4 small balls left.
Young Einstein used up the fuzzy eyelash yarn and the purple

The orange ended up in this owl


And this kitty with a purple skirt finished off the Scrap Yarn Challenge!


 I'm hoping that these "Green Eggs and Ham" sets will be a good seller at the Street Fest! 











No comments:

Post a Comment