Monday, January 1, 2024

January 2024 Goals

 Wow, it's 2024 already! 2023 was a bit rough around the edges... bad weather for outdoor shows, poor sales at shows and on Etsy, extra expenses as I changed the spare bedroom to a craft room... but here we are in 2024, and I'm ready to start with a fresh slate. 

Overall, in 2024, I would like to cut down my yarn stash, grow my YouTube channel, and keep up with monthly goals, like the #amibookchallenge and my Crazy Critter Challenge. 

So, here are my goals for January: 

1 - do the #amibookchallenge by making a robot from my Crobot book. - DONE

I think I'm going to make this one, shown on the cover. 



2 - My Crazy Critter Challenge will have a bit of a twist this year. All 12 crazy critters will be Monsters, which I make uip as I go along, and I will publish the pattern here on my blog as the "Monster of the Month." I've already finished January's: a blue monster with white dreads: DONE
Pattern is up on my blog! 

3 - I'm calling this one my "Artist's Choice Bag". I had my husband make up some bags with colors that go well together, and I will use up each bag to make some projects. I asked for one bag... he made three! I'm working on the smallest bag first, which has a dark green, a bright green, and a burnt orange. 
First project done... DONE
One cute chameleon led to another...





4 - Make one project from a pattern I've purchased, but never used... for this month, I'm choosing a mermaid tail hat. DONE 



5 - My first Mystery Yarn Challenge. I found about about this on YouTube - a channel called The Armchair Chef hosts a challenge where you ship out a box of yarn to someone, and you get a box of yarn from someone else... and you make items that use the colors that you have received. My package is sitting at the post office, waiting for mail service to start up again after the holidays, so I should have it tomorrow! I will do an unboxing on my YouTube channel. 
Package arrived: will be starting on projects soon! DONE

Three projects finished from the yarn! 

Final Count: 7 Amigurumi & 1 hat




6 - Yarn Use Up - pick a skein of yarn from stash and use it up. DONE - I pulled a old skein of Bernat Allure and used it for my monster! 

7 - Finish my Boggy Creek Camp blanket and get it in the mail - DONE
1/3 status - working on the border, then I'll just need to do the applique. 
1/4 - finished
1/5 - mailed! 



8 - Publish one paid pattern - oops, didn't get around to this. I have three patterns that just need some formatting and testing. I'll move this one to February. 







No comments:

Post a Comment