Monday, July 31, 2023

Getting Scrappy in August

 Time to line up my August goals.

1) As usual, I will do the #amibookchallenge. I plan on making the Avocado Toast from my new Crochet Cafe book... but I also want to make a standalone pattern, a cockatiel from a Merv-Sann pattern. 

Avocado Toast done! 


2) My Crazy Critter Challenge this month came up as a yellow dog with purple spots. Hmm... could be interesting! DONE

I decided to try and make him as normal and cute as possible for a yellow dog with purple spots... so I made a dog in a purple sweater, and put purple dots on the sweater! 

Pattern is Dash the Dog by ChaiCoffeeCrochet - Check out the pattern here.



3) I will do at least one pattern from the Spotlight designer for #amigurumiwars2023

Designer was Lyra Lune, and I purchased a pack of three patterns which included a penguin, reindeer and owl. I made the penguin! 


4) After that, it's one scrappy project after another... I want to make a dent in this huge tray of scrap yarn: 

My next craft show on August 26th is a family-oriented event, so I want to have LOTS of small, kid-friendly toys ready for my tables! 
I made up some leggy frogs with that green velvet in the upper left. 

And tried a pattern from the Woobles Crochet Amigurumi Book... Mushroom houses! 

One of my new favorites... the squid from Winding Road Crochet

Restocked a few of my coffee cups...


... and chill pills / happy pills. 
I finished off some yarns with this Happy Huggy Cat... my own pattern, to be published soon!

Had to take a break from scrappiness to finish up an order for a turtle matching game.

One good axolotl deserves...

another...

and another! Pattern is from a YouTube tutorial by Fancy Lama

I used my Aliyasaurus pattern to finish off a bunch of scrap yarn,
 and make an adorable dino in the process! 

One big ball of black fleck yarn made 3 chickens! 

Then the white fleck yarn made some smaller chickens! Of course, they needed nests! 

Hmm... what do I do with this thin green yarn? Combine it with gold and make a sassy monster! 

I took a pattern for a sea turtle by KraftyKait and used worsted weight yarn to make some cute little turtles! 


I still have green velvet yarn, so I made a few more leggy froggies and added skirts! 
Mini Octos have been popping off my hook... I will have a bowl of them at my next craft show. 


Mini axolotls popped up, too. 

And then there were the mini triceratops (the three on the right are new this month). 








No comments:

Post a Comment