Monday, June 5, 2023

June 2023 Goals

 Oops... It's June 5th and I've already finished two items on my June list, and I realized I never put up a blog post! 

Well, here goes... I made up my list at the end of May, and did a YouTube video  showing off my May finishes and listing my June goals. 

#1 - For the #amibookchallenge, I will be doing a standalone pattern this month: Sassy the Sugar Glider from Critterific Crochet. DONE



#2 is my Crazy Critter Challenge - this month's number made the critter a purple chicken with yellow dreadlocks. DONE I finished it June 4, but haven't had a photo shoot for it yet. It fell behind a box of yarn and I didn't find it until June 16! 



#3 - Amineko Cat - DONE - this is a pattern that has been on my wanna-make list for years. I finished it late Saturday night, 6/3. 



#4 is the Aliyasaurus - my granddaughter drew me a picture of a dinosaur, and I'm going to make it up in crochet. DONE

This is her picture for inspiration. 

And this is the finished Aliyasaurus: 




#5 - I have a skein of Sashay yarn I want to use up... but not for a ruffled scarf. I want to find a way to use it to accessorize amigurumi. DONE
I made Patches the Bear from One and Two Company, and used Sashay for the skirt: 
I used up the rest of the Sashay to make a couple of bowls... 





#6 is the spotlight designer from Amigurumi Wars - I'll be doing the brushed bunny by Krawka. DONE! Hmm... I thought I had a picture... I guess the bunny needs another photo shoot! 




#7 - I have two small cakes of boucle yarn left over from the hat I made in May. I want to use them up for a gecko or dragon. DONE



#8 - I have a large cake of white/gray/black boucle and a smaller cake of a fuzzy gray acrylic - I want to make projects with those two yarns until the yarn runs out. DONE
This big boy finished off the gray yarn (the legs and frill are made with a different gray yarn), and put a big dent in the boucle! I've already started a dragon with the boucle... but I think that will only use about 1/3 of what I have left! 

Then I made a dragon: 


Then I made a snake... I had about 1.5 ounces of the boucle left, so I grabbed a cake of light purple yarn and started a gecko.
I ran out of the boucle with two legs to go, so I used black worsted weight yarn for the back legs... you'd have to look pretty close to see the difference! 



So, as of June 19th, I am DONE with my June goals. I'm testing my own pattern for my Happy Huggy Cat, so I can get that pattern published soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment