Saturday, January 21, 2012

Excuses are a dime a dozen... Ditch the excuses, keep the dime!

It seems like everywhere I turn, the subject of Excuses comes up.

This season's Biggest Loser is all about "No More Excuses."

I was reading an excellent book, Made to Crave, by Lysa TerKeurst, and the subject of excuses came up rather often.






Then I was reading another excellent book, "Fat Family, Fit Family", and they had a chapter on common excuses and overcoming them.


One of the excuses and their response hit me pretty hard. It's my favorite excuse... "I don't have time." The Morelli family's response to that: If your doctor told you had cancer and needed to have chemo treatments for one hour a day in order to live, you'd find the time. That made me really think about my schedule and how I waste time. Yesterday I told myself I didn't have time for exercise, between work, Mom's taxi service, shopping, and working on a freelance puzzle assignment that's due next week. But guess what? When I looked back over the day, there was time when I was just sitting in my chair reading. I could have been reading on the elliptical, or my exercise bike. I had time to work out. I just didn't make it a priority.


So, this is my goal for the coming week :


I will find the time to exercise. I will find the time to track my Weight Watchers points. I will make time to live a healthy lifestyle!

No comments:

Post a Comment