Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Crazy Mixed Up July

 Usually, I have a very organized list of projects to make in any particular month. My lists are a bit more scattered in July. I have two big craft shows in July - outdoor shows where I have a 10x10 tent to fill up. I have plenty of inventory... it's just a matter of having stuff organized. It just seems I'm so disorganized lately! I still haven't put up the free patterns for my May & June monsters of the month. Every time I go into the craft room, see some yarn, and think "Oh, I was going to use that for ____." So many project, so little time. Add to that... I am working at my old job for two weeks to cover for my replacement, who is away for two weeks of music camp. 

The first show is done (July 13th) and went well, which means I have a long list of items to restock. I also have some tweaking to do for the next show. I was missing a new display item I picked up from Temu, and forgot to take snakes and cacti! And the chapstick I thought I had in my craft box? Not there. If I'm spending 8 hours outside, I need some chapstick! 



In the midst of the craziness, I put together three different lists. 

The first includes the "foundation items" that I make every month... a pattern from one of my amigurumi books for the #amibookchallenge, a pattern I purchased, but have never made, and my monster design on the month. 

So #1 - I am working on Greta the Hen from Animal Friends of Pica Pau as my #amibookchallenge. It's taking a while. Right now, rows are about 90 stitches! #2 - my purchased, not made pattern is the Gingerbread Boy Basket from One and Two Company. Still haven't started it. It may be moved to August at this rate! I haven't started my July Monster design either... 

I finished Greta on August 2nd. 




List #2 is for #MYC724 - Christmas in July. There are five designers with YouTube channels & Christmas playlists, plus a bonus bag to be made in Christmas colors. The idea is to make something from each designer. I've made three items of the six to be made. 

I made the Funky Chicken ornament by Sara Sachs



I made the Christmas tree dishcloth by Glenda - Creative Grandma



I made the Icy Scarf by Mikey of the Crochet Crowd, from the Yarnspirations channel



I plan on making a bathroom tissue cover from Jayda DONE



still looking at the Fiber Flux projects (made the Merry Berry Dishcloth)





and the Dippy Hippy Bag. 


Oops, the picture is upside down. The red at the bottom  is the handle! DONE with #MYC724

List #3 is a 25-square board with projects I want to make, yarn I want to use up, and other categories (such as 5 under 5 and $10 and under projects). I'm making progress! I did color in "Turtle" in the bottom row, as I finished an orange turtle last night! 


Dragon is started, Pica Pau is started, I have patterns out for the axolotl, Platypus, and Impkin. I have projects planned for cotton yarn. I printed up a new Stingray pattern to try. 

Dragon is finished! 

I have 14 of the 25 squares filled in, but no Bingo yet! 








No comments:

Post a Comment