Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Yellow Tag Special







 

I stopped at a Savers thrift store... noticed as I went in that yellow tagged items were 50% off. I was looking for a booster seat for when the grandchildren come over for dinner. I browsed through the craft section of the books... no crochet books that caught my eye. Looked for the booster... Nope. Browsed the endcaps where the yarn is displayed. They had a lot of yarn, and to my surprise, there were a lot of yellow tags! Oh, well, there goes the yarn diet! 

I ended up getting 8 bags, a total of 3 pounds, 9.3 ounces of yarn, for $14.64

Here's a glimpse of what I got, and as I make items, I will come back and update this post. It's sort of like my Blair Farm Stitch Project  post from a couple of years ago. I will change the text describing the yarn to red once I've finished it. 

Bag 1 was $1.50 after the discount. Two balls of Red Heart Super Saver. One was 1.33 oz, the other 3.29 oz.


Bag 2 was $1 after the discount- mostly Red Heart Super Saver
.58 oz red, .91 burgundy, 1.7 oz burgundy, .46 orange, .44 yellow
.31 oz of Annie's cotton/acrylic blend in orange

1.65 for Bag 3 after the discount
a 1-oz skein of DIY yarn in brown and 3.73 oz of Annie's 100% cotton

Bag 4 was also $1.65 after the discount
5.2 oz of Homespun in Burgundy, a 2-oz skein of Peaches & Cream,
and 1.92 oz of a mystery fuzzy orange yarn

Bag 5 - also 1.65
Annie's acrylic in brown - 1.02 oz
Just Cotton in Green & White - 2 oz
Studio Sampler in browns - 1.78 oz

Bag 6 - $2 after discount
A green/blue pastel ombre - not sure if it's Red Heart Super Saver - 3.67 oz
Jamie Baby in Yellow - 2.03 oz
Baby Boucle in yellow - 1.55 oz


Bag 7 - my most expensive bag, but that big ball of gray boucle was worth it! 
$3 for the bag after discount
Boucle - 10.07 oz
Black Velvet 1.53 oz
Blue Cotton  1.71 oz
Fuzzy Gray worsted - 5.17 oz

Last but not least... oh, but it is one of the least priced... 
1.00 after discount
Small quantities of Red Heart Super Saver
Brown 1.45 oz
Green 1.17 oz
Yellow .53 oz
White .58 oz

Here they are caked up and sorted... acrylic yarn in the big bag
Cotton in the small bag
Orange, gray boucle, and gray fuzzy yarn are set aside for immediate projects! 😄

First project done - a hedgehog from the mystery orange yarn. 

Then I started a leggy frog, but I lost at yarn chicken.... I pulled some Bernat Boa from my totes, added some yellow eyelash yarn, and gave her some extra fancy legs! 

This big boy finished off the gray worsted from bag 7 and put a dent in the huge cake of gray/black/white boucle. The pattern called for sport yarn and a 2 mm hook... I used two strands of yarn and a K hook, so he's about 2 feet long! 

I kept going with the gray boucle and finished off these two: 
Then I added some light purple yarn and finished off the boucle with a gecko! 
I pulled the green and one yellow from bag #6 and had a green & yellow party... 
First, a squid. 
Then a gecko.
Then a cute little purse.
Then I polished it off with an axolotl

Some of the red went into this guy's sweater... Somehow some blue got added to the bag, and I used that in the pants. The bag was at 1 pound, 5 ounces before this project. 

 Misc. orange and yellow got used up for this scrappy pumpkin.





This used up the Studio Sampler from Bag 5.
The blue yarn that got added was used up with this guy. 

Bye-bye red! 




Yellow got used up for Butter Lambs... getting a head start on Easter! 

 Brown became a highland cow
The last of the red went into this guy. 
The small cake of black velvet yarn got combined with white to make this chicken. 

So, as of mid-December, I finished off the yarn. I'm sure I've missed some projects along the way. I have already sold $35 worth of items from the yarn, so I've got my money back twice over. 



No comments:

Post a Comment