Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Poor, neglected blog...

 Looks like I skipped through May without any blog posts. Well, there wasn't all that much to talk about in May, at least if I wanted to keep a positive spin on things. I had one craft show that didn't go well, set a new record for longest sales drought of 2022, and two promising shows I was hoping to get into didn't work out. 

So now it's June! Yay! A clean slate... my birthday month. I have one small show on the agenda, a Community Days for a local pregnancy counseling center on June 11. There's no table fee, so if it doesn't go well, I'm only out gas money.  

I'm about halfway through a Space Crochet Along that I joined in May. Every three days, they release part one of a pattern, and you have three days to finish part 1 to get part two. So far, I have finished three. 




I'm halfway through Celeste the Astronaut, but project #5 is a solar system, and I'm trying to finish up part one in time to get part two... so Celeste is on the back burner! 
The planets are getting bigger, and taking longer! 

Planets are done... 

On to the next project... Laika the Space Dog. I need to finish part one by Saturday, so Celeste and the Solar System are on hold... 
Celeste is done. 


Started "Selene" (a moon) and Astro Bunny... there's only one more #spacecal project that I haven't done any work on... 
Seven Down, Two to Go! 


DONE! 



So, once I'm done with the space CAL (or between projects), I want to restock these best sellers: 
  • Guinea Pig - done

  • Ankylosaurus - Done 

  • Dachshund
  • Beagle
  • Owls
I also want to make a new item from my "wanna-make" list... I think a bearded dragon will be next up! 

June is typically a slow month for sales... so I'll just keep making stuff and stocking my shop for my big Street Sale at the end of July! 

6/30 update: I got a freelance proofreading assignment that kept me busy for several hours per day, so crafting was limited in the last half of June. I had a friend message me with a picture of some crocheted sunflowers, asking if I could make some for her. It took three tries before I was happy with the finished flower, but it was worth it to see the smile on her face when she picked up her bouquet of four sunflowers! 

I have a big custom order in the wings that I'm trying to get done (a black cat... working with black yarn can be a challenge), and my biggest show of the year, Street Fest, is just 30 days away... so I need to keep busy in July! 





No comments:

Post a Comment