Thursday, July 30, 2020

A list of lists...

Lately, it seems like I've been making lots of lists... 
  •  items that need to be added to my Etsy shop
  •  items already in my Etsy shop that need updated pictures or videos
  •  patterns I'd like to make
  • items that need to be restocked
  • designs I'd like to work up
  • items with the most views in my Etsy shop
  • best sellers
  • things to get done this month
  • things to get done today
  • Shopping lists
  • potential meals for the week
  • food items in the fridge that need to be used up
It goes on and on... sometimes, I'll finish up a project and just stare at my list of "Items I want to make this month" and feel so overwhelmed that I pick up my tablet and play Candy Crush instead! 

For instance, here's my list called "Top Projects for this Month" 
Donut

Donuts are a quick, fun project that use up scrap yarn... and I like to have a bunch on hand for craft shows, or to send with an order as a bonus... but even though they were on my list all month, the only time I made one was when I made a mini donut to send as a traveling snack with a small stuffed animal... 

Baby Groot... I have a groot-colored yarn out... he's cute... I've made three so far, and they sold quickly... just need to find the pattern... and the time... 

Baby Shark... I have a cute pattern... I figure these would be great filler for my craft show table (when craft shows start up again... I'm hoping Fall shows will still take place!) This should be a quick, fun project... 
Dogtor Made this back in June, and it sold on Etsy... I want to restock it. Pattern is Dogtor by Sweet n' Cute creations. 

Mermaid - I just sold a cute little mermaid on Etsy, so I need to restock the listing... But I have so many mermaid patterns... which one do I use? 

Pusheen - This pattern for Pusheen with an ice cream cone is so cute... I just have to make one! 

Hilde
One of my favorite designers, Yarn Society, recently published a pattern for Hilde the Cow. I knew as soon as I saw it, I HAD to make one... I did, and it sold within 24 hours... then I made another, and it sold, and I got orders for two more... then another... I need to get a few made up and ready to ship! 

Pacifiers... we just had a baby shower for my oldest daughter, due at the end of September with a little girl. I made a couple of pacifiers as gifts for the family cats (since you're supposed to take a gift for the siblings when you take a baby gift, right?) The cat pacifiers had catnip in them, but they're such a fun, quick project that I wanted to add them to my Etsy shop without the catnip! 


 
Cat Couch... 
Speaking of cats... mini couches for cats have been making the rounds on the internet lately... so I figured I'd try my hand at one. I bought a roll of foam cushion to make the couch base... I have printed out patterns and ideas... but I still need to get around to making one! 
Baby Goat... Bruce the Beardie... Sprinkles Dragoncorn 
I recently was gifted a pattern collection from a designed called Manic Yarn. Oh, man, there are so many of her patterns I want to make! 

Fluffy Chicken... 
Back in May, I made this multi-colored chicken... Because I thought it was adorable and would sell quickly. Within 24 hours of putting it in my Etsy shop, I could see that someone put it in their cart... but alas, it was not purchased. When I posted pics in a Facebook sales group, someone asked, "Can you make a fluffy chicken like this?" and posted a picture of a Silkie chicken. I think I can alter the pattern to make a silkie chicken... but working with so much eyelash yarn may be traumatic... so it keeps getting pushed down on my to-do list! 

Unicorn... always a best seller... when in doubt, make a unicorn... 

Anemone Hat
Back in May, I got a request for a custom order Anemone hat... The purple version was my first try, which the customer loved (but apparently didn't love enough to pay for... after two weeks of non-payment, I put it up as an open listing and it sold immediately), then I made the "gummy worms" version (still available). I have an idea to change my pattern a bit to make it faster... just need to decide on a color scheme and cast on! 

Rainbow Elephant - Rainbow Rex 
I made up this Rainbow Elephant last summer, and he sold at a summer street fest. He's been on my list to remake since then. I also printed out a picture of a rainbow T-rex that I saw online. Yup... on the list... 

Sleepy Bears Lovey
Okay, it took a while, but I looked it up. In July of 2017, I saw a pattern for an adorable baby blanket that has a sleeping teddy bear on it (Sleep Tight Teddy Lovey). I bought the pattern... but, guess what? Still haven't made it... 

Okay, that's one list... just what's left on the list for this month... to my credit, I did knock a bunch of items off the list... Oh, wait... I should add "new scrubbie design" to the list... browsing through my yarn stash, I remembered an idea I didn't write down on a list...

Right now, I'm working towards publishing a pattern for a dress-up turtle... I've made three so far as I refine the pattern... and that generates lists of its own... 
  • corrections to make on pattern
  • photos to get to update pattern
  • steps to publication
  • possible dress-up shells






Oh, man... the list for potential dress-up shells just keeps growing... bumble bee, pizza, pumpkin, unicorn, apple, valentine, Jack Skellington, ninja, patriotic, watermelon, orange... 

So many lists... so little time... I guess I'd better get working on one of my lists! 






No comments:

Post a Comment