Tuesday, April 30, 2019

May 2019 Goals

Spring craft shows are over. Some went okay, some were duds. Facebook and Etsy sales, however, went very well.  Now I shift gears, finishing up orders and prepping for the July Street Fest. Last year was my first year doing it, and even though it was the most expensive show I've ever done, it came out best in net sales of any of the 76 shows I have done since 2013. So this year, I'm gearing up to beat that record!

So, goals for May:






  • Finish order of 3 in 1 Safari Elephant Blanket Finished 5/11 
  • Finish order of rhesus monkey DONE 
  • Get Etsy listings up to 100 listings - 5/21 - DONE
  • Photograph, weigh and inventory new yarn acquisitions (thrift store purchase + consolation purchase using Joanns gift card) DONE
  • Make 10 bottle slings 
    Bottle Sling #1
    #2
    #3 done. I now have 25 in stock!
    #4 & #5 - As long as I had the yarn out, I finished it off!
     
  •  #6 black & #7 Morning Glory Blue
    # 8 & #9 were purple, finished during a 3-hour wait at the car dealer... 
    Almost done with #10 - a beige one. 
    Finished two from that yarn... then a pink one, so I was an overachiever on this point! 12 and counting! 
    • Make 2 mermaids - DONE

    One Down, One to Go! 







  • Make two tiny unicorns
    Unicorn #1 in progress
    #1 Done and listed on Etsy: Baby Unicorn
  • #2 done - Sunny the Unicorn 







  • Make 1 sloth DONE 

  • Were geckos on the list? Oops, no, but I made some anyways! It's always a good day for geckos! Mom & Baby Gecko






    Pinkosaurus wasn't on my to-do list, either... but I wanted to make something fun and quick to celebrate finishing the blanket portion of the elephant blanket. 


    And then I started a green sparkly gecko... 
    A cute little nest of baby owls wasn't on the list either...

    Sparkly gecko needed a baby gecko, I guess...

    Someone on Facebook suggested that I make a Baby Groot


    Leftover yarn from the elephant blanket became a baby shark...

    Another Facebook suggestion: a butterfly!
    Maybe I should change that "Make 2 Mermaids" to "Make 2 dragons"... since I participated in a Dragon Crochet-Along, and got an order for a dragon...
    Rose Dawn the Spring Dragon, from the Spring Dragons CAL (Pattern by Maritsa Piper)


    Got an order for a dragon, where I worked without a pattern, just looking at some pictures. I think he turned out cute!

    And since I was on a dragon kick...
    This dragon comes with a taco and a little jar of mild salsa
    Also made an Albino Pacman Frog.
    And another dragon...


    Filling in the month of May with various projects like this flying pig! 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment