Wednesday, April 3, 2019

April Goals - No Fooling Around, Stay on Track!




March was a record-setting month for sales. I had three craft shows and got a huge custom order for seven extra large amigurumi. Each one is taking 3-5 days of work (depending on the day... I get in more craft time on weekends). So, in April, I want to really focus on catching up:

Catch up with the order:
  > Finish order of 7 dolls - DONE
   
Catch up with the scrap yarn that is accumulating
  > 15 scrap yarn projects
Yarn left over from projects goes into these trays until I use it or photograph it, weigh it, and store it in color-specific totes.
It's easier to just use it up!
Scrap Project #1
I made a cute little donut to keep this guy happy while he heads to WI!
Since Butter Lambs sell well around Easter, I finished one up before a craft show... and it sold at that show. So Butter Lambs are scrap project #2 & #3.

I made another one at the show... right now he's the only lamb I have left in stock!
#4 Made up another mini lamb

#5 A peppermint sprinkle donut

#6 Want fries with that?

#7 Another butter lamb... special order on Etsy

#8 Scrappy Snake

#9 Butter Lamb 
#10 - A gecko that I started a few weeks ago

#11 - A cute little octopus... because the free pattern caught my eye! 
#12 - Peachie the Gecko
#13 - Donut holes to finish up an order




#14 Baby Gecko

#15 & #16 Heart & Baby Gecko


Catch up with my finances: after paying for 2018 sales tax and some fall 2019 shows, my spreadsheet is in the red... I need to keep spending in check! (Down to $49 in the red... hopefully will be in the black after Saturday's craft show! Nope. Mileage expense of getting to show 15.5 miles away exceeded sales from that show...only one $5 sale.) 4/25 update - only $20 in the red... hoping to get a few more Etsy sales, or do well at Saturday's craft show and get back in the black!

  > No yarn purchases unless needed for order
      This is really tough, because a woman in one of my online groups is selling off her yarn at good prices, to get money for a down payment on a house. I would really like to help her out... but I really need to use up what I have!
Well, didn't keep this resolution... when I set a new record for April sales, I treated myself to $12 in yarn from a thrift shop. Then, after a disastrous show on 4/27 (paid $30 for the table, had $0 in sales), I went shopping at Joann's and came home with a pretty big bag of yarn! (All on sale, or with a coupon, of course! Between a gift card and Ibotta cash, I came out ahead!)


Catch up with other deadlines:
  > Finish Swan CAL - Started 4/4 - Finished 4/9


  > Finish Cowl Test - DONE
First time working with silk yarn. It's nice and soft! 

No comments:

Post a Comment