Tuesday, March 16, 2021

The Socksy Dachsie

 In the beginning of 2020, I saw a post on Facebook about making a dachshund doll from socks, like a sock monkey. It looked cute, and the first thing that came to mind was: I can crochet that! 

I made three before going to press with the pattern. I tried button eyes, crocheted eyes and safety eyes. 
I've compiled these pictures of dachshunds I've made over the past 15 months, so that customers can get an idea of the variations I can make on my pattern. 

This was a custom order, made from a picture of a dear family pet who had recently passed away.


This was also a custom order. I had to play around a little bit to get the light brown patches under the eyes, and make the muzzle two-tone. 






Another custom order of a dog with a lot of different colors! 




This one was a challenge: the dog had colors split right down the center of the face! 


















New colors (I Love This Yarn Metallic in Lavender and Aqua)



March 31 - I finished a cute little pastel rainbow dachsie, using a discontinued baby yarn that I found at a thrift shop. I think I have enough yarn left to make 1 or 2 more, if this one sells quickly. 

I gave her a pink nose instead of black... and embroidered eyes, to make her baby-safe! 

This was a custom order, from pictures. 










No comments:

Post a Comment